A sunny, but cool spring morning saw 10 volunteers attend today's session. The jobs completed were :
- The wildflower area near Brookside Ave was raked over and the usual annual cornfield seed was sown. Let's hope we have a little rain fairly soon to help germination.
- The wildflower area at the Sandy Lane entrance was raked over and seed sown on the 23rd April. This seed was the same mixture as we trailed here last year so should give a longer flowering period.
- All the signs were washed and cleaned.
- We cleared the debris left at the site where a fire occurred just over a week ago and which the fire brigade had dealt with. This was the fifth fire on the ridge in the last few weeks.
- Several fallen dead trees were sawn up and the wood removed from the area.
- The usual litter pick was carried out on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.