Today's session saw a reasonable turnout of 10 members on what was a reasonably mild and dry morning.
The following jobs were completed:-
- Our two regular litter pickers did the usual collection from both reserves.
- An area of broom which had reappeared on the perennial wildflower area was cleared and fresh Heather seed was then sown in the disturbed ground..
- Several fairly young ash trees were cut down to provide replacement edging to to annual wildflower area where sections that were originally laid (7 years ago) have now rotted. These replacement sections will be installed in March.
- Three of us continued the clearance of the branches and trees that had been cut down from the "avenue" of trees. We still will need one more session on this area to tidy everything up.
- A dead tree that had fallen onto the edge of the football pitch was sawn into sections and cleared away.
- A photograph was taken of a burnt our motor scooter using GPS and sent to Broxtowe BC, who should now arrange for this to be removed
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.