Due to the heavy rain on Sunday 5th, the planned work session was postponed until Tuesday 7th.
As it was only possible to contact a limited number of people we only had 5 members attend this rescheduled session. Despite the depleted number of volunteers we still managed to complete the essential jobs.
- The Brookside Ave wildflower area was cleared of the dense dead plant and weed material which was removed from the site. The Council have arranged for a contractor to spray both this area and the Sandy Lane entrance wildflower area next week. This will allow us to be able to resow both areas by mid April.
- A tree that had collapsed a week ago and was partly blocking the bridle path was cleared.
- 12 metres of new edging were installed alongside the Sandy Lane wildflower area which leaves about 6m still to do. The Council will try and arrange for a supply of wood chippings to be delivered to provide a new top surface to this path.
Litter picking will be carried out later this week.
heavy rain here at the moment which started about 9.00 and was forecast yesterday. We made the decision then to postpone today's session until Tuesday at 10.00am
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.