A warm sunny morning saw eight volunteers attend this session. The lower than usual number was due to some of our regulars being ill and some being away for the weekend. Nevertheless, there were enough willing hands to complete the following jobs:
- The last four sections of edging to the path alongside the Sandy Lane wildflower area were installed.
- The wildflower area was raked to clear it of thatch and other debris. The fresh seed will be sown here in the next two weeks.
- The bridlepath was swept, once again.
- An area of broom that had been partly cleared in February was completed and the rest of the heather seed was sown here.
- The usual litter picking was carried out on both our reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.