Despite at least 4 of our regulars being away on holiday, we still had a respectable turnout of 9 members for today's session.
- As it has been several months since the bridleway was attended to, five of us spent the session clearing away all the soil that had washed down from the hills along with plenty of twigs and leaf litter. The whole path was also swept.
- The "blue butterfly" signs were looking very dirty and much of the paintwork was badly chipped, so both these were cleaned and repainted.
- Overhanging bramble alongside the main circular path on the Alexandrina Plantation reserve was cleared, as was the bramble on the lower section of the rock which makes it easier to access this area for collecting litter.
- Litter picking was completed on both reserves as usual.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.