A very damp October morning saw seven hardy folks attending today's work session.
- Three days ago some very antisocial person (or persons) had a fire on the edge of the football pitch and burnt a lot of metal cans, a couple of metal rods and then poured purple paint over the lot. It took one member the whole work session to clear burnt area and then cover the excavated area with bark chippings.
- Meanwhile, four of the group concentrated on digging out the stronger weeds ( dock, mugwort, nettles etc ) from the wildflower area near the Sandy Lane entrance .
- The remaining two members undertook the routine litter pick on both our reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.