Despite four of our regulars being unavailable today we still had nine volunteers on a perfect sunny October morning and still completed the scheduled jobs. These were:
- Carrying out minor repairs to two of the steps leading from Thoresby Road.
- Litter picking on both reserves.
- Removing invasive bramble that had spread over the area where heathers are established.
- Most of ther group began clearance of the lower branches from what was obviously once an avenue of trees These were probably planted many years ago, possibly as a boundary to one of the fields that were in this area.
Although there is still work to do here, today's session has already made a huge difference and the "avenue" can now be clearly seen.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.