After 24 hours of continuous rain on the previous day it was a relief to see the sun out this morning.
We had a good turnout of 12 members and completed the following jobs:
- On Alexandrina Plantation we replaced a section of the edging to the path alongside the wildflower area and also secured other sections of edging.
- We also cleared two sections of path where mud had accumulated, levelled a couple of steps and started to remove some of the worst weeds from the wildflower area.
- On the Markham Road site, the main pathway was in a poor state after the recent weather so some of the group spent the morning clearing the worst of the mud with shovels and then sweeping it.
- Litter picking was completed on both sites.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.