10 members were at today's session and we were again lucky to have a sunny morning. Sadly the edging to the path which was replaced last month had been removed so first of all we had to cut new pieces of branches.
The jobs we completed today were:
Replacing the two sections of edging to the path (this time using longer supporting pegs). Let's hope it lasts a lot longer!
The usual litter picking on both reserves.
- Half the group spent the morning clearing a large area beneath the rocky outcrop.
- Four smallish trees were removed and a large amount of bramble cleared so the outcrop is now more visible from the bridle path.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.