After several humid days this morning was much fresher with just a few bits of very light rain. We expected today's turnout to be low as several people had already confirmed they would be missing for one reason or another and this is what happened with only 8 volunteers coming. We still managed to get through most of the scheduled work with the following jobs completed:
- Three dead hawthorn trees alongside the bridleway were cut down as all were showing signs of collapse.
- An alcove that was mainly cleared of bramble in April was now cleared of the numerous protruding stumps and the loose pieces of bramble etc were raked to the sides.
- Weeds had engulfed the metal seat near one of the wildflower areas and these were cleared.
- The signs on Alexandrina Plantation were all cleaned.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.