On a perfect sunny and not-to-warm morning we had 10 members attend, and considering this was one of the last weekends of the holiday period it was quite a reasonable number.
The jobs completed were as follows :
The six new posters for our Green Flag Community Award for 2019/2020 were put up. Last year's were taken down a few days ago and Norman and Clare had removed the 2018/2019 posters from the boards before cleaning them and getting the new posters mounted.
Several dead trees were cut down and cleared away.
- The minor paths on Alexandrina Plantation reserve were again cleared.
- An alcove created about 18 months ago near the beginning of the main path on the Markham Road reserve was cleared of regrowth coming from the stumps of the trees that were cut down.
- Litter picking was carried out on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.