A fine morning and a good turnout of 14 members. The jobs completed today were :
- The cutting down and removal of a large branch that had been hit by lightning just over a week ago and was partly covering the main path on the Markham Road site.
- One of the legs on an oak bench installed several years ago had rotted making the whole bench unstable. The rotten section was cut off, replaced and then secured in quick setting concrete.
- Several of the minor paths on both reserves were very overgrown making them virtually impassable and these were cleared and widened.
- Litter picks were carried out on both reserves and the signs cleaned.
- Overhanging bramble, bracken and nettles on the main paths were also cleared.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.