We had 11 members turnout out this morning on a dry cloudy morning. The numbers were less than recent sessions but as often happens on a bank holiday weekend several regulars were away on holiday.
Today we concentrated on getting the two wildflower areas ready for new seed to be sown.
- The area alongside Thoresby Road was dug over thoroughly and then raked and finally new seed was sown.
- The area near the entrance from the top of Sandy Lane was very difficult to prepare properly. It had only been sprayed with weedkiller five days ago and not rotovated this year. We therefore had to limit the clearance of weeds to an area alongside the main path and then cleared five "islands" within the area and limited the seed sowing to the cleared areas.
- The usual litter pick was completed on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.