On what turned to be a dry and sunny morning, despite an unfavourable forecast all week, we had a great turnout of 15 members.
- Three members of the Conservation Volunteers also came to clear the substantial amount of bramble and bracken that had grown alongside the hedge adjacent to the grassland that was restored five years ago, as agreed with the Council. Two of our group joined them to help out.
- Another four people cut back the overgrowing shrubs near the entrance from the top of Sandy Lane.
- The rest of us again cleared the bridle path which was covered in leaves, tree debris and with soil that had washed down from the hills.
- We had the regular litter picking duo who also cleaned the various signs.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.