Despite a confident forecast of heavy rain throughout Sunday morning and then moderate rain in the afternoon by the time we were ready to start work the sun was out and stayed out all morning!
We knew five of our regulars would we unable to come and perhaps the forecast put off others so we only had six members today.
- Two of the group replaced a wooden section that borders the wildflower area and they also sowed some fresh poppy seed in this area before joining the rest of us clearing the bridle path of soil and tree debris.
- Three used shovels to clear the worst of the accumulated debris...
.... whist the other three used brushes to sweep the path.
Considering the small group we had today, we achieved quite a lot and the many passers-by using the bridle path commented on the great improvement.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.