This work session fell on another bank holiday weekend, but this time we had a very reasonable turnout of ten members on a beautiful spring day with not a cloud in the sky.
The ridge at the moment is looking really good with bluebells, wild garlic and cowslips in flower and very little litter around.
We are due for our Green Flag Community Award inspection next week, so hopefully it will still look attractive.
Today we completed the following jobs:
- An extra step was installed in the area near the viewpoint immediately below the one installed in February.
- Several branches were cut down from an area on the Markham Road site.
- The area near the bottom of Devil's Steps that had been mainly cleared by the Practical Conservation Volunteers in March was tidied up and several other shrubs alongside this area were removed and all the pathways around there were cleared of overhanging branches.
- Both areas were cleared of any litter and all the signs were cleaned.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.