With several members on holiday we only had 8 volunteers on what was a really pleasant sunny day without it being too warm. The jobs completed were as follows:
- Yet another extra step was installed in the area just beyond Walter's seat. This probably won't be the last as the erosion on this path is a continuing problem.
- A medium sized dead tree alongside the bridle path was cut down before strong winds caused it to collapse onto the path.
- The paths around the Brookside triangle which is now completely overgrown with Mugwort were cleared as the Mugwort had started to collapse partly blocking the paths.
- Litter picking was carried as usual on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.