On a perfect autumn morning we had a brilliant turnout of 18 volunteers which included four new members, all young and fit!
- Contractors had been clearing all the burnt gorse and broom since last Wednesday (3rd) and are coming back on Monday (8th) to complete the chipping and to spray the bracken and rosebay. After talking to the contractors on Friday, they asked if we could clear all the leaf litter and the bramble.
- This was the main job today and as well as that we cut back a lot more of the dead gorse and dug out any protruding stumps so the area should be okay for the grass sowing that the Council are planning for this area (next spring ?).
- We also cleared bramble overhanging onto the pavement alongside Thoresby Road.
- An overgrown path on the Markham Rd site was also cleared.
- As usual litter picking was carried out on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.