On a very warm sunny morning we had 12 volunteers attend, and the jobs completed where as follows:
- A large area of rosebay willow herb was cut down to ground level before it had started to flower. Usually this is something that's gets forgotten until it is going to seed and much as we like it it does need controlling.
- Several of the minor paths across both sites were getting very overgrown and these were cut back to make them easily accessible again.
- The usual litter picking was carried out on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.