The forecast of light rain thankfully turned out to be wrong so we had a cloudy but dry morning to work in. Today we had 13 volunteers and we completed the following jobs:
- The bridle path was cleared of leaves and tree debris.
- Several overhanging dead branches on the bridle path were cut down as was a dead tree to try and avoid any accidents to users of the path.
- The path alongside the wildflower area near the Sandy Lane entrance was firstly cleared of grass and other weeds. Wood chippings were then brought down from the recently cleared area nearby and used as a surface to this path.
- The usual litter picking was carried on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.