Despite six of our regulars being either on holiday or ill, and it being a very cold morning, we still had a very respectable turnout of 8 members.
The three jobs we tackled were:
- the usual litter pick across both sites (quite a lot was collected),
- clearing couch grass and bracken from the area adjacent to the existing heathers ready for new heather seed to be sown,
- and planting another 50 hawthorn whips in the the restored hedgerow.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.