On a real autumnal day with golden/yellow leaves cascading down, spectacular spider webs showing well with the early morning dew and the landscape obscured with fog this was an ideal day for working on the ridge. We had eight members today and we completed the following tasks:
- The bird boxes on the Sandy Lane Open Space reserve were cleaned out and two of these were removed for repair. At the same time we erected the last three insect and wood mice boxes.The same work had been completed on the Alexandrina Plantation reserve the previous week.
- A large amount of broom was dug up from the perennial wildflower area.
- An area adjacent the existing heathers was cleared of bramble and couch grass so that fresh heather brash could be sown. A delivery of which is promised next week.
- Litter was collected from both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.