30 members present. Apologies L.Cooper & M.Hodges
Norman Clyde-Watson welcomed all to the meeting and expressed thanks to all members who had attended the Community Litter Sweep. 25-26 people turned out and included some local residents and rubbish was removed and later collected by Broxtowe BC.
7 members attended the RSPB Bird Watch & recorded 18 different species. Thanks to John & Sandra Appleton for arranging the morning.
Please Note: -
- Sunday 12th Feb - Hedgerow Planting
- Sunday 26th Feb - Tree/ Hedgerow/ General Tidy-up. Meet at 10.30am at the Top of Sandy Lane - Bring gloves etc.
Norman reported that he had attended the Bramcote Forum when the official Certificate was presented giving the Ridge the status of Local Nature Reserve. This could now give additional help and funding and Information Boards will be installed at various points on the Ridge.
The Official Opening will be on Friday 24th February at 11:00am at the top of Sandy Lane by The Mayor of Broxtowe BC
Please support this event if possible.
Norman then introduced Bill Wheatley who gave an illustrated account of the flowers & natural history of Cyprus.
The next Meeting on 6th March will have as Guest Speaker - Dr Andrew Howard who will talk about the Geology of the Area
The meeting ended at 9:00pm.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.