28 members present.
Norman Clyde-Watson welcomed all to the meeting.
- Geoff Smith thanked members for their ‘Get Well’ messages and basket of fruit received during his recent illness.
- Norman reported that some young cyclists had tried to re-establish some ramps on the Ridge but these have been removed by Broxtowe Borough Council.
- It was noticed that fewer members had participated in the work groups recently and it was to be hoped that others would find time to help.
- An email from a Nottingham University Volunteer Group had enquired if we had a local community project that they could become involved in. This had been passed to Broxtowe BC as it was felt that they were better able to offer a suitable project.
- Walter Grauberg asked if anyone could help with storing a rotovator that had been donated to the Friends - any offers of help to Walter please.
Norman then introduced Guest Speaker - Bill Wheatley, from Notts Wildlife Trust, who had kindly stood in at short notice. Members enjoyed a beautifully illustrated talk on 'Feathered Friends', which covered all aspects of birds from feathers to feeding and from habits to habitats.
Forward Dates for your Diary
Next Workday -Sunday May 21st - 10:30am Top of Sandy Lane. General Light Ground Work. Will need Secateurs and Gloves.
There will be NO meetings at the Rosegrower until September. However Heather Cox has arranged 2 walks - Please see special arrangements below.
WALK 1 - Monday 5th June AFTERNOON. Guided Walk around Bestwood Park, lasting approximately 1 hour. Meet at Rosegrower at 2pm.
IMPORTANT - If you intend to join this walk, please ring Sheila Hardy - No later than Friday 26th May (leaving your Name and Telephone No.) to confirm and/or if you need transport.
- WALK 2 -Monday 3rd July EVENING Walk around the University Park Gardens. Meet at the Rosegrower at 7pm. If you require a lift please let Sheila know (see above) by 29th June.
Heather has some tickets for a Talk by Pollyanna Pickering on 'Snow Tigers' - Wollaton Natural History Group - on Wed. 24th May – contact for details.
The meeting ended at 9:00pm.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.