We had a very good turnout with 13 members at today's working session and so were able to tackle a good variety of jobs. These were:
- Clearance of the steps leading from Thoresby Road and also cutting back vegetation overhanging the pavement on that section of the Thoresby Road that is alongside our reserve.
- A check on all main pathsd on the Alexandrina Plantation reserve to ensure they were clear of anything that was overhanging.
- Clearance of some broom.
- Half the group worked on the hedgerow layed in late 2013 to clear the dense amount of bracken, bramble and nettles growing along and within the hedge so that sufficient light can reach the hedge next Spring and help it to re grow.
- A litter pick was carried out on both our reserves.
Later this month we will be clearing out the existing 25 bird boxes and disinfecting these and at the same time putting up some new insect boxes and also some wood mice boxes.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.