18 Members present. Apologies from Lawrence Cooper.
Norman Clyde-Watson welcomed all and reported: -
- Wild Flower Sowing - Broxtowe B.C will be preparing the lower area of the Ridge with weed reduction and rotovation so that members can sow seeds to create a Wild Flower area (on Sunday 15th April).
- Bramcote Park Litter Pick - Members had helped to litter pick on Bramcote Park which had been appreciated. However, some anti-social behaviour had resulted in some bags of collected rubbish being broken open.
- Bramble Thinning - Members are invited to help to thin Bramble on selected areas of the Ridge on Sunday March 11th. Postscript -This was very well supported and a considerable amount of brambles were removed, opening up areas for grass and vegetation which will attract butterflies especially.
Norman then introduced Betty Grimley who, with her husband, has visited many areas of South Africa. Her slides included Animals of the Reserves, Flowers and scenery of the Regions including The Coast, Townships and Mountains. Norman thanked Betty, on behalf of the members, for her enjoyable and enthusiastic Talk on what is a very diverse and interesting area of Africa.
Next Meeting Monday 2nd April 7:30pm - Guest Speaker, Eric Hartley will give a talk on "Oak Trees and their Insects "·
Meeting closed at 9pm.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.