The AGM of the Friends of Bramcote Ridge will be held on Monday 6th November at 7:30pm in the Memorial Hall, Church Street, Bramcote and all members are invited.
Any member wishing to raise an agenda item or to nominate another member for the committee should send the item or nomination in writing, by letter or email, to our Secretary, no later than Friday 27th October. Any nomination for the committee should be supported by a proposer and a seconder, both of whom should be existing members of FoBR.
Your current committee is:
- Chair: Helene Laanest
- Secretary: Nick Woodier
- Treasurer: Eric Curtis (standing down).
- John Appleton (standing down).
- Jane Hardman (standing down).
- Allan Bridgewater
- Steve Severn
As you can see there are some upcoming vacancies on the committee. We encourage anyone to who is interested to tell us so that we can do the formal nominations necessary. The committee tasks are very ‘light’ and infrequent and we welcome any new people and new suggestions you may have for the future of the ‘Friends Of’ group.
AGENDA FOR THE AGM
- Apologies for absence.
- Matters arising from last AGM
- a. Wildflower area at the top of Sandy Lane: No progress
- b. New Bat and bird boxes: 6 bird boxes from Alexandrina repaired but need painting
- c. Notts wildlife trust online map: No progress
- d. Water on the Ridge: Consulted with council, answer was no.
- e. Planning applications for 2 houses: Status unknown
- Chairpersons report
- a. Greenwood
- b. Insurance
- c. Green Flag Award
- d. Working Sessions report
- Treasurer’s report
- Bird and Butterfly Summary for 2023, written by John, presented by Sandra
- Election of a new committee for 2023/4
- Date of the next AGM
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided at the conclusion of the meeting.
REMINDER THAT YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION IS NOW DUE. The annual membership subscription of £5 per person is due on 1st November. We hope you decide to continue your membership which has always been greatly appreciated. This can be paid at the meeting or otherwise posted to our treasurer. Cash or cheques (payable to The Friends of Bramcote Ridge)
Payment details may change due to the change of Treasurer, but we will inform you as soon as those details are known.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.