After a day of non stop rain on Saturday we were relieved to have a bright morning for today’s session.
- We had 10 members attending and two of us spent most of the time removing the Green Flag Community Award notices for 2022/23 ready for replacing with the 2023/24 notices.
- They also cleared mugwort from the wildflower area alongside Thoresby Rd.
- The rest of the group concentrated on clearing paths on the Sandy Lane Public Open Space LNR especially several pathways in Ivy Wood including one where a fairly large tree had collapsed entirely blocking the main pathway through the Wood.
- The usual litter collection was carried out on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.