On a perfect weather day we had 11 volunteers turn out. It was especially pleasing to welcome 3 new members who have just joined.
The jobs completed were :
- The paths leading from the stile near Heather Rise were all cleared of overhanging bramble and other greenery.
- An area where hazel saplings and bulbs were planted in January was being invaded by bramble so the whole of this area was completely cleared.
- Litter picking on both reserves was carried out.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.