Even though we had a sunny morning only 6 volunteers attended this morning’s session.
The jobs completed were:
- The bird boxes were cleaned out although 5 were taken away for repair.
- Eight beech saplings were planted in the gaps in the hedgerow.
- Much of the overgrown vegetation alongside this hedge was cleared.
- The pruning on the paths leading to Heather Rise was dealt with.
- Litter was cleared from both reserves.
Next month we will put back the repaired bird boxes on the Sandy Lane reserve and install 6 new boxes on Alexandrina Plantation reserve.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.