On a really pleasant sunny morning we had a total of eight people attending and ensured that no more than six met together and were socially distanced at all times.
These eight included two 14 year olds doing there D of E bronze award with there dads who worked with them.
- Most of the edging to the path alongside the wildflower area at the Sandy Lane entrance had either rotted or was in a poor state so almost all of this was replaced and the path completely cleared of weeds.
- The rest of the group cleared the numerous saplings that had grown in the two alcoves near the beginning of the Markham Road site.
- The usual litter pick was completed on both reserves.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.