This session saw the 12 members who turned out undertake various tasks around the reserves.
Eric and Sam (our Duke of Edinburgh Award volunteer) prepared 9 birdboxes for erection later in the year - this involved attaching mounting battons to the rear and screwing metal nest hole plates to the fronts (to ward off unwanted residents!). The boxes were then treated with a coat of wood preservative
Elsewhere on the reserves, two members undertook the usual litter pick across both reserves, whilst the remainder...
- cleared several patches of brambles that were encroaching onto path
- cut down and removed a tree that had fallen onto a path
- bagged up and removed some flytipped rubbish
- planted some more wild primrose plugs
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.