20 members present. Apologies received from E. Fewkes
Norman Clyde-Watson welcomed members to the first meeting of 2010 -Matters arising:-
- Norman and John had now completed and submitted the application for the Green Pennant 2010 which had been acknowledged. Expected date for result is May/June. A copy of the submission was available for inspection.
- Bird Watch (RSPB) had been undertaken by 8 members on 31 Jan, when 45 sightings were reported - 13 species. John was thanked for the hospitality afterwards.
- The Litter Pick in January had been cancelled due to the weather, but the next one on Feb 14 is needed to tidy up the area.
- Membership had fallen but was still viable. Any outstanding subscriptions or new members to Eric Curtis at 31 Bankfield Drive.
- Mike Johnson was not present to update information re Golfcourse/Thoresby Road, but it was felt sufficient information was already in the local press at this time.
- There were no other notices so then Norman introduced Barry Lings who gave a beautifully illustrated talk on the Peak District National Park which was well received by members. Refreshments were served at the interval.
NEXT MEETING : 10 May 7:30pm at St Michael's Church Hall, Church Street, Bramcote Village. Speaker will be Nigel Slater who will talk about "Garden Birds and Their Songs".
The meeting closed at 9:00pm
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.