Eight members attended today's session and as the Green Flag judging has still not taken place we concentrated on making sure the reserves looked as presentable as possible.
- A damaged step on the path leading from Thoresby Road was made safe. A permanent repair to this will be carried out later.
- All the overhanging branches on the main pathways were cut back.
- After a week of quite heavy rain the bridleway was looking quite messy, so the whole path was cleared of soil that had washed down from the hills and swept. We also cut back encroaching nettles and bramble from this path.
- The regular litter pick was carried out on both reserves.
Tomorrow ( 2nd June ) we will plant the wild Goldenrod (Solidago virgaurea) alongside the recently sown grassland area as part of the regeneration scheme.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.