25 members & 2 guests present. Apologies from Geoff Smith.
Norman Clyde-Watson welcomed members & guests to the first meeting of the year.
- Thanks to all who helped to clear the litter from the Ridge. Generally, there was less found than in previous years. Broxtowe BC promptly removed what we collected.
- Thanks to John Appleton who organised the Birdwatch event and for the tea and coffee afterwards.
- A letter from Tim Crawford -BBC - informed us of planned improvements to the paths from the Play Area to the Devils Steps which was to commence within a couple of weeks.
- The large quantity of bulbs that were planted before Xmas just off Markham Road are quickly showing signs of growth.
- A Thank You card was received from Alan & Carol for the gift of fruit from the Friends. Alan is now recovering from his operation and hopes to rejoin activities soon.
Norman introduced Bill Wheatley who presented an illustrated talk on 'Hidden Spain' and was thanked for once again providing an interesting and entertaining evening.
Next Workgroup will take place on Sunday February 17th 10:30am -meet at top of Sandy Lane - Various jobs to include cleaning nest boxes, transplanting seedling trees and light pruning.
Next Meeting will take place on Monday 3rd March at 7:30pm at The Rosegrower. Guest Speaker will be Christopher Hall whose subject will be 'Wildlife Day Breaks'.
The meeting ended at 8:45pm.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.