33 members present with apologies from Alan Evans.
Norman Clyde-Watson in Chair - welcomed Friends to the meeting and gave Notices as follows:-
- Land Clearance off Markham Road. Norman had contacted Councillors and Tim Crawford to express concern and asked for explanation and information. A reply from Steve Bishop explained that the area was the property of the Willoughbys and not 'open space', there was no damage to protected species and a boundary was being defined. It was also thought that there was planning permission for houses.
- The Memorial Seat is now in situ - and has been tried and tested. It is on the path facing the grass area.
- The Annual Grass Mowing - Collection will be on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th starting at 10:30am. All Hands encouraged to come and participate, especially as the Council contribute financially to this activity. Just need to bring a Rake and Gloves.
- No other business.
Norman thanked Heather and John Cox for stepping in at short notice, as the 'Hedgehog Lady' was ill and not able to continue with her work and therefore also unable to attend. John gave a slide show of his photograghs of 'Town and Country' which was greatly enjoyed by his audience.
Dates and Notes for Your Diary
- Monday 4th October 7:30pm - David Goddard will give an illustrated talk on 'Bennerly Marsh'.
- Monday 1st November 7:30pm - AGM.
- Monday 6th December 7:30pm - Xmas Social Party
- Arrangements as for Xmas 2003 - food not required but small contribution to evening and raffle - details later.
The Meeting closed at 8:45pm
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.