It was cloudy but warm with light rain forecast for later on. There were ten members present today and between us we completed the following:
- Gravel keeps getting washed down onto the road at the Sandy Lane entrance so this was swept up and moved to the path alongside the wildflower area which is on the flat so shouldn’t get washed down to the road every time we get rain. If successful it will also suppress the weed growth on this path.
- The whole of the bridle path was swept to clear the accumulated tree debris.
- The minor paths on Alexandrina Plantation were all needing some clearance now the warmer weather has started everything growing again and all these paths were cleared.
- A very large tree had fallen across one of the main paths in Ivy Wood and Brian used his reciprocating saw and other tools to clear this.
Litter picking is being carried put regularly.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.