After a very rainy start to the day, the sun was shining by the time we began and so the 10 members who attended this session made the best of what turned out to be a perfect autumn morning.
Today's main task was to install the final two "Welcome to your Local Nature Reserve" signs. All four are now in place at the Maidstone Drive, Brookside Avenue, Heather Rise and the Sandgate car park entrances to our reserves.
Other jobs undertaken today were...
- Replacing one of the wooden steps leading from Thoresby Rd
- Moving the rest of the wood chippings to extend the path beyond the wildflower area
- Carrying out the usual litter picks on both reserves
- Clearing a lot more bracken/ivy/bramble etc from the new hedgerow
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.