24 members & friends present. Apologies from G Ward, A Evans, M Hodges, L Cooper & J Appleton.
Norman Clyde-Watson welcomed members & friends to the meeting. The Summer Newsletter had been circulated.
Matters arising: -
- John Appleton had donated a Nesting Box which was to be raffled for funds for the group. Tickets are 50p available from Eric & Mary Curtis & at the next two meetings. The draw will take place at the AGM.
- Paths on the Ridge had been cleared over the summer by work groups & the edges had now been sprayed by BBC to reduce overgrowth.
- The next & following C.A.T. meetings (10th & 17th September) will be held at the Rosegrower and discussion will take place about the Bridle Path ( Sandy Lane to Thoresby Road ). The Ridge members felt that lighting was not advisable, along with other changes proposed by C.A.T. Members are urged to attend especially on 17th to voice their opinions (7pm start ).
Norman then introduced Jim Slaney & his wife Joyce along with owls Blossom & Jessie from Greenwood Owl Rescue Centre. Members were again, for the 3rd time, entertained by an informative & amusing talk about the owls & the work of his Centre. Jim, as before, demonstrated his enthusiasm & dedication to his work of rescuing owls often in difficult circumstances.
Norman thanked Jim & Joyce and members were able to meet the owls & purchase items for the work of the Centre.
- The next meeting is on Monday 1st October at 7:30pm. Guest Speaker will be David Goddard whose subject will be 'Wildlife’.
- The AGM will be on Monday 5th November - please give thought to nominations for Committee Members. This will be followed by a Slide Show from John Appleton.
- The Annual Xmas Party, complete with Quiz, will take place on Monday 3rd December.
- Next Working Group - do join us. Sunday 16th September at 10:30 -meet at top of Sandy Lane. We will be clearing Bramble, Rosebay Willow Herb. Just bring gloves & secateurs.
The meeting ended at 8:45pm .
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.