21 members present with Apologies from Iris Clark and Dave & Margaret Woodward
Norman Clyde-Watson in Chair - welcomed Friends to the meeting and reported :-
- No response to date from Breeze magazine, re photos of tree planting.
- Norman thanked John for his efforts on 28th March to prepare sites for seed planting. Please let John have plants Friday 30th April/Saturday 1st May for planting on Sunday 2nd May. Please leave plants at Johns ( in porch if out ).
- Walter advised members of a trip to Chelsea Flower Show organised by Hemlock Probus Club on Friday 28th May. Cost is £40 (including £30 entrance fee) and leaving Stapleford Community Centre (near Jaguar Pub) at 7:30am, Return at 8:00pm. Contact Walter ASAP if interested.
Norman then introduced Ron Price for a return talk - after 5 years since Group was formed. His Illustrated Talk entitled "Images of the Natural World " kept members undivided attention, with over 200 close-up slides of common and rare wild flowers, fungi, orchids, lichen taken both locally and at other sites in the UK. Ron's knowledge of the names, sites and habits of his subjects was extensive and was freely shared with his audience.
Norman thanked Ron and his wife for a superb show.
- John mentioned that the donation of £28.00 from the raffle at the last meeting had been worth £35.84 to Notts Wildlife Trust (Gift Aid) and thanked members.
- There will be NO MEETING on Monday 3rd May, but you are invited to join John and Heather Cox for a Local Walk on Monday 10th May. Start at The Rosegrower at 7:30pm or Bramcote Hills Comprehensive School at 7:40pm. Return to Rosegrower afterwards for drinks!
- Geoff Fewkes is arranging a walk at Findern with a South Derbyshire Local Community Action Group for Sunday 16th May. Start at 10am till approx l2 noon. If interested in attending or sharing transport , please contact Sheila Hardy between Monday 10th and Wednesday 12th May.
- If anyone is interested, Wollaton Natural History Society have some spare seats on their coach outing to the Wildfowl & Wetland Trust Centre at Barnes, London on Saturday 8th May. The coach leaves Wollaton Library at 8am and starts back at 4:30pm. Cost will be £18.00 (Adult) including admission, £17.00 for over 60, and £12.50 (W.W.T.members).
The Meeting closed at 8:45pm
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.