22 members present with apologies from Iris.Clark & AAlan.Evans.
Notes from the Chairman - Norman Clyde-Watson.
- Norman reported that 25+ people had participated in the two workdays (Sat & Sun) in March. A further two days for work on the Ridge are planned for Saturday 26th April and Sunday 27th April for the planting of the Seeds and Plants.
- There is No meeting in May, but Geoff Fewkes will be leading a walk at Cromford to look at 'Grassland' on Sunday May 18th. Suggest that those interested meet at The Rosegrower for a 'social' meeting on Monday 12th May at approx 7.30pm to arrange transport etc.
- Extension to Radio Mast - It was agreed that Norman should write again to BBC Planning Dept to voice concern over the extension to the Radio Mast on the Ridge, on behalf of the Group.
- Antisocial Behaviour - Following the C.A.T. Meeting there is an Open Meeting at 7pm on Tuesday 15th April at Abel Collins Homes, Derby Road to discuss issues in the locality including current burning of significant areas on Lowes area of the Ridge.
Norman then introduced Marion Wallwork who gave a very informative, illustrated talk on Conservation issues and the work of The National Trust in preserving and promoting significant areas, flora and fauna in the U.K. She also emphasised the importance of educational activities in ensuring future conservation aims and objectives.
It would appear that as a Group we have similar objectives.
The Meeting ended at 9pm.
The next Meeting with a guest speaker will be Monday 2nd June at 7.30 when Mike Cross will talk about Bees, and have honey for sale.
Final Reminder - Next Workgroup will be on Saturday 26th April and Sunday 27th April (10:30-12:00) and will be mainly for the planting and seeding of wild flowers.
The Friends are always looking for extra pairs of hands to help out or to simply support their work, so...
- to find out when the next work session will take place, click here, or
- to find out about becoming a member please contact us here, or
- to discover what goes into managing the sites click here.